Selling your home can be frustrating. It may feel overwhelming to get everything together and perfect for the next potential buyers. Here are some tips to help you get better prepared.
- Improve Landscaping – Keep the grass cut, make sure your flowers/garden are kept up with, and keep up with the yard itself. People want to see good curb appeal when they pull up.
- Clean the Outside – A messy exterior will make buyers think that the inside of your home is messy too. Clean up the gutters and de-clutter the yard.
- Make Repairs – Go around your home and see what little repairs need/should be fixed. Fix a cracked ceiling, broken windows, leaky roof, etc.
- Remove Clutter – Renting a storage unit for your knickknacks, photos, extra furniture, or anything that would make it seem like your home does not have enough storage. Buyers like to picture their own personal items in the home.
- Make every Surface Shine – Clean your home as if you are doing your annual spring cleaning. Make sure you clean the ceiling fans, vents, floors, countertops, and everything in between. You want your home to sparkle and shine when buyers arrive.
- Tone down Colors – You may like a bright green or red, but your buyer may not be so satisfied when they see it. Some people can’t imagine living in certain homes when there are wild colors on the walls. Try re-painting your walls in neutral colors or white.
- Eliminate Odors – If you have pets, make sure you put away litter boxes, clean up any animal hair. Spray air neutralizer in all rooms. You could even put out fresh flowers as a nice little touch.