There’s no doubt that summer is a great time to get away, but sticking around the Baltimore area can be great, too. Here’s a list of 10 fun things to do when it warms up in Charm City!
- Visit the Baltimore Aquarium. Check out the website to learn more about dates and times for special events like the Atlantic Coral Reef Dive or a behind the scenes shark tour!
- Check out Druid Hill Park and the Baltimore Zoo. You can jump on the Safari Shuttle from the Visitor Center in the Inner Harbor.
- Play Pokemon Go and discover new places. I’ve got insight that downtown Baltimore and Historic Ellicott City are some of the best places to go Pokemon hunting!
- Visit Heart and Seoul: Growing Up in Korea at the Port Discovery Children’s Museum. This exhibit will give your family a look into the lives of 5 modern-day Korean children.
- See Twelfth Night at the Great Hall Theater at St. Mary’s Community Center August 5-7.
- Start the Amazing Scavenger Hunt Adventure at the Science Center. This smartphone guided tour and scavenger hunt is great for families.
- Have a weekend where the kids are hanging out at their grandparents? Jump aboard the “Bring Your Own Grog” Cruise through August 27th, and do your best pirate impression.
- Go to Third Thursday in Fed Hill! Shops, galleries, and boutiques stay open until 8, and you can get 10% off at most restaurants.
- Enjoy a train ride on the B&O Railway. The ride itself lasts about 20 minutes and is a fun way to teach kids about Baltimore history.
- Go to an O’s game! There are lots of opportunities for discounts, and kids love fireworks nights.
Top Summer Movies for the Whole Family
When all else fails and it gets too hot outside, a movie is always a great option! Try checking out one of these family movies coming out in August:
- Ice Age: Collision Course – Cool off from the hundred degree weather with Ice Age!
- Pete’s Dragon – A classic…So you know it’s good. Check out this Disney remake coming out on August 12th.
- Nine Lives – A businessman gets stuck in the body of a cat. With Kevin Spacey and Jennifer Garner, this one is sure to be a hit with everyone.